11 Reasons You Should Do A Yoga Retreat
A yoga retreat is an antidote that heals the body, mind and spirit. There are many great reasons you should look into this type of transformational vacation option. Here are 11 benefits of going on a yoga retreat that will help you decide for yourself if this should be on your next travel plans:
1. It’s taking a Real Break: you get the opportunity to completely stop the hecticness of life as you know it. Gone are the days that you appear to always be running out of time. It offers the perfect answer to that dream of “escaping” from everything and everyone – even for a little while.
2. It’s 100% ALL about YOU: A yoga retreat will help you focus inward and purely work on your wellbeing. A yoga holiday gives you the time and opportunity to truly reflect on yourself and your own needs.
3. It’s time for Self-Reflection: Having precious time to yourself creates space for you to take a deep look into your life. It gives you time to be honest with yourself and reflect on whether this precious life of yours just as you want it.
4. You access to Expert Advice: you will practice yoga, meditation, breathing exercises or counselling sessions by professionals and gurus who support you to find the balance and the sense of wellbeing.
5. It will deepen your yoga Practice & Knowledge: You will come back home with a new set of tools that will help you lead a more conscious, more productive and more fulfilling life. During your yoga retreat you develop techniques that you are more likely to continue to apply; helping you shift your way of thinking and giving you a long-term reset that you carry with you through life.
6. It’s a Spiritual Journey: By exploring what’s inside yourself and forming a deeper connection with your authentic self, it affords you the chance to connect more deeply and directly with your surroundings.
7. You’ll learn to Breathe more deeply and consciously: You’ll develop greater awareness of your breath and the effects it has on your body and mind.
8. It forges a Positive Mind: Your daily yoga classes will catapult you into an absorbent and grateful state of mind to have you walking full of renewed confidence. During a yoga retreat, you learn to live life peacefully, cheerfully and optimistically.
9. You’ll reconnect with Nature: Your eyes will not only witness the charm of nature around you but also gain many reasons to fall in love with it and get intimate with the natural serenity.
10. You’ll nourish your body with Healthy Food: Usually a professional chef is on hand to make you healthy, balanced and deliciously nutritious meals.
11. You’ll get like-minded Friends and join a Community: You will discover the power of unity, you get to join a community that is all seeking the same balance and fulfilment as you. It’s a powerful force when people come together in the name of balance and wellness.
Read the reasons why you should do a Yoga Teacher Training instead of a simple yoga retreat, and why Nepal is the best place to do it and even more in Pokhara.