Binod Timilsina is the director of Pokhara Yoga School. Binod is also a Nepalese Yogi. He has practice yoga since he was 7 years old. He did his 200 and 300-hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh India.
1. What yoga means to you?
Yoga brings you into a deep sense of relaxation physically, creating more space for you mentally and spiritually. Yoga isn't going to turn everyone's life around, but it has the potential to do so. Building the mind and body connection: Yoga does not benefit your body by keeping it fit but also enhances the wellness of your mind. Be it weight management or overcoming stress, Yoga helps transform the physical and mental manifestations.
2. Do you feel anyone can enjoy and gain from yoga teacher training?
Yes, we feel that every person gets benefits from yoga teacher training, no matter the body shape, the weight, the sex, the nationality, the age.
3. Why Nepal is for you the place to learn Yoga?
For many, Nepal's greatest attraction is its people. The traditions and famous hospitality of its many groups are a significant part of Nepal's uniqueness. Nepal is the country of Mount Everest, the highest mountain peak globally, and the Birthplace of Gautama Buddha. Because of Nepal's spiritual & unique culture, tourists prefer to come to Nepal. Nepal is the best place to learn yoga surrounding the Himalayas wally.
Discover deeper why Nepal is the place to do Yoga (link to article 25)
4. When did you create the school and why?
We have been in the yoga & wellness industry since 2014. But we established "POKHARA YOGA SCHOOL" with the Yoga Alliance in 2019.
5. How many students did you receive since the opening?
We have enrolled approx 100+ students from November 2020 to now.
6. Is the course Yoga Alliance registered?
7. What is the structure of your training program?
During our 22 days - 200 hours YTTC program, You will learn:
1. Hatha, Ashtanga, Vinyasa
2. Adjustment & Alignment and Teaching Methodology
3. Yoga Anatomy & Physiology
4. Yoga Philosophy
5. Pranayama & Meditation
8. How look like a typical day at Pokhara Yoga School?
05:30 am: Wake Up
05:45 am: Herbal Tea
06:00 am to 06.45 am: Pranayama & Shatkarma
07.00 am to 08.00 am: Yoga Anatomy & Physiology Class
08.15 am to 08.30 am: ENERGY BREAK (We will server Mix Fruits Bowl During this time)
08.45 am to 09.45 am: Yoga Philosophy
10.00 am to 11.30 am: Hatha Yoga Asana Class
11.30 am to 12.30 pm: Lunch Time
12.30 pm to 03.30 pm: Rest Time / Self Study Time
04:00 pm to 06.00 pm: Ashtanga Yoga / Alignment & Adjustment
06.30 pm to 07.30 pm: Meditation Class
07.30 pm to 08.30 pm: Dinner
10.30 pm: Lights Off
Discover more about a typical at Pokhara Yoga School (link to article 29)
9. Who is the program suitable for? What are the student’s background and requirements?
Anyone willing to start their career in the yoga & wellness industry, this course is suitable for them. This program is also ideal for beginners & intermediate practitioners.
10. What can students expect to get out of this teacher training? What kind of qualification do students receive at the end of their training?
Students will be certified with an international affiliate program, i.e. Yoga Alliance USA. They will be allowed to teach worldwide.
11. The 200 hour program is the first stage of the teacher training program. What advice do you have for yogis considering starting their teaching career?
All yogis must enter the Yoga & Wellness industry with the beginner course 200 hours YTTC. Once they finish it, give at least six months to their practice before joining the higher-level course like 300 hours YTTC & 500 Hours YTTC. Yogis must complete at least one short program, either 50 hours or 85 hours YACEP course.
12. How does your school differs from other teacher training programs available in Nepal / Pokhara?
We differ from other teacher training programs because of the quality of our residential program. Among other schools in Nepal, No one can beat us in the food quality, accommodation quality and training manual quality.
13. How does your school differs from other teacher training programs available in Europe?
We are not different from the European teacher training program. We are following the same quality standards. Nepal is a spiritual location with a rich culture surrounding the Himalaya valley. This distinguishes us from European teacher training programs.
14. What makes your Yoga Teacher Training School unique?
• Food Quality
• Accommodation Quality
• Teaching quality and manual
15. What is your vision for the school?
Provide the best yoga teachers to the world. Discover more about our teachers (link to article 31)
16. Why would you recommend Pokhara Yoga School?
• A family & friendly environment
• Located surrounded by Mountains & Nature
• The best quality of Food
• The best quality of accommodation
• The best quality of training