Discover 10 Physical Benefits Of Yoga
Yoga offers physical and mental health benefits for people of all ages. Here are 10 reasons you should do Yoga to improve your physical health:
1. Yoga improves strength, balance and flexibility: Slow movements and deep breathing increase blood flow and warm up muscles, while holding a pose can build strength. Through holding poses or moving through them, you build muscle endurance.
2. Boosts and balanced metabolism: Yoga helps in retaining the vitality in your body along with keeping it fit. It motivates you towards eating healthy and improves the metabolic system of the body.
3. Yoga helps you to breathe better: Just the ability to breathe more fully and deeply can have a very profound impact on overall health and is worth practicing every day. Pranayama is a type of yoga that focuses on breathing techniques shown to be especially effective against asthma.
4. Improves posture and stand up straighter: Many poses in yoga can strengthen the core muscles in your stomach and back. A strong core leads to better posture, which can help prevent back and neck problems.
5. Treats back pain: Yoga is as good as basic stretching for easing pain and improving mobility in people with lower back pain.
6. Helps with rheumatoid arthritis: Gentle yoga in Nepal has been shown to ease some of the discomfort of tender, swollen joints for people with arthritis.
7. Improves heart health: Regular yoga practice reduce levels of stress and body-wide inflammation, contributing to healthier hearts. Several of the factors contributing to heart disease, including high blood pressure and excess weight, can also be addressed through yoga. Meditation also helps lower heart rate and improve blood circulation. Meditating one time a day for ten minutes can help you lower your blood pressure and allow for better blood flow.
8. Improves digestion: There are many yoga poses, twists, and moves that massage internal organs to help food move along in your digestive system.
9. Combats migraines: One of the recommended moves that alleviate migraines is the “bridge pose.” You lie on your back with your knees bent and your feet hip-width apart on the floor. With your hands on the floor, press down into your legs and draw your hips up. The trick is to relax the tension in your muscles from your neck and shoulders, which can be misaligned or stressed from hunching over a computer or phone all day long.
10. Cures hangovers: Doing yoga can detox your system and get you feeling fresh much faster. Certain yoga poses like “plow,” “bow,” or “shoulder stand” work on the thyroid gland, which improves the metabolism to kick those toxins out of your system.